Frontpage Help Requested

  • Kevin Ross
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2001
      I would like to make a couple of changes to the Encoder, but I need some
      expert help from someone in the group who knows how to accomplish this task
      using Microsoft Frontpage, and wouldn't mind helping out the SRS Encoder
      with some free time. We have no money for hiring someone to do this.

      Now, before I generate an entire thread on the list that really isn't on
      topic, I would really appreciate it if you would send your reply to
      editor@... instead of replying to the list. I would also
      like to thank everyone who thinks they have a partial idea how to do this.
      However, I am looking specifically for someone to help me implement this
      idea. Partial ideas are not too useful for me (believe me, I have more
      partial ideas than I can handle at the moment!).

      My wish list:
      ========

      The Encoder is a huge newsletter with tons of useful information. Finding
      particular topics is a bit of a pain. We do use the google search engine,
      but it seems to me we could do a better job at presenting the information. I
      was maintaining an index by hand, but it is too much work to continue doing
      so.

      What I want to do is have a frame on the bottom of each article that has a
      link to other articles in our web that have related content. In addition, I
      would like to have another little section with links to the same author. For
      example, an article as part of the Basics series of articles would generate
      links to all other articles with Basics as a keyword in the meta-tags. It
      would also generate a list of all articles written by the Author tag.
      Another example would be programming the 68HC12.

      To do this, I am willing to put whatever tags are required in the source
      HTML pages. However, I would like the frames to be auto-generated by
      searching the documents. We do have the ability to run PERL scripts, and
      also can install Frontpage ASP's.

      I would really like to start this project in the next month or so, and
      hopefully finish it by October. The Encoder will get a new look, based on
      the existing article base. It will use Frames and will have better
      navigation tools.

      If you know how to help do this, I would love to hear from you.

      Thanks,
      Kevin Ross
      Encoder Editor