Help

  • mgeneration@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 25, 2001
      Hello Group
      I am posting a help message in hopes to find a reply:
      I am a novice with the 68HC12 micro, working on one for the first
      time, my previous experience is with using a universal programmer
      and soft for eeproms. I have a Techarts Bdm pod and miniIDE soft, I
      am trying to read the eeprom, save, modify, and reprogram, on a
      production pre-programmed 68HC12 micro. I do not need to go further.
      My problem is this type of " terminal " soft is way over my head. I
      have exhausted my search for help in every site or forum I can find,I
      think maybe the answers to my questions are too long, but I will ask
      again here,
      #1 = Can someone help ?
      #2 = Can someone biuld a task specific program, for sale ?
      #3 = Can someone point me in the right dirrection ?
      I know it is not fun to work with a beginner but I had to ask.
      Thanks in advance
      Joe
      mgeneration@...
    • Campbell, Barrie (N-CDI Corp)
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 25, 2001
        No, answers are short, but your questions are to general.

        If I am to understand, you have programmed EEPROMs
        out of the circuit, and are having trouble programming the
        on-chip EEPROM of the '12.

        The key is in the BDM pod and its documentation. You should
        be able to download, upload and read the EEPROM from the
        software included in the pod.

        For code generation, a number of tools are avaliable including
        sbasic, c, c++, assemblers, etc. Generally these tools will
        create an "S19" file that contains the load address and the
        hex data for the memory map.

        sbasic is available from Karl Lunt.

        More information like chip type (a4, b32 etc.) and specific
        questions (how do I get an s19 file from an sbasic source file)
        will get you more specific answers.

        motorola's web site has a host of information on the '12 as well
        as general info on BDM.

        Have fun
        TE

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 13, 2013
          I'm looking for an investor or someone with parts and know how to build a CSC. I have an invention. I projected 2 bill. in revenue the first year.