Re: [SeattleRobotics] Purchasing a DC Gearhead with Optical Encoder

  • RoboVac
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 4, 2001
      All of the motors manufactures you mentioned make good products. When I
      talk about getting a catalog, that could mean looking at their web site
      instead.

      Normally when the manufacturer sends a catalog they will also send info on
      who is their distributor for your area. The distributor is the one who
      normally does all the selling. Of choice the distributor will charge list
      price with no discounts, but you will get exactly what you want.

      Sometime the manufacturers sales representative for your area will sell/give
      away parts for prototypes. But motors are too large and expensive for them
      to do that. If there is a sales representative in your area they will also
      be listed in the literature that came with the catalog.

      Even if you buy surplus, get the catalog so you know what you are buying.
      With surplus you have a much smaller choice, but the price is a lot less.

      William Crolley