Re: [SeattleRobotics] Tangential Problem

  • RoboVac
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 2, 2001
      One way to keep things clean is to use a work bench that has lots of holes
      in it, like perforated metal or wire mesh. Build a large box under the work
      surface. Add a filter and a fan to suck all the dirt off the work surface.
      Use a cheap furnace filter as a prefilter and an expensive furnace filter as
      a final filter.

      These are fairly common for mounting grinders and other dirty operations.
      Also used extensively in clean rooms. Just be sure to work on small parts
      that could fall through the holes on a different work surface.

      William Crolley

      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 3, 2001
        The Learning Channel - TLC - Cable Television

        Robotica - Wednesdays at 9:00 P.M.

        Junkyard Wars - Mondays at 8:00 P.M.

        Ron Patton wrote:

        > The Competition: Each of the 24 competitors will be matched against a single
        > opponent for the first six episodes (four robots per episode). These robot
        > pairings will compete head-to-head in three challenges — "Speedway", "The
        > Maze" and "The Gauntlet." The highest total score accumulated during these
        > first three challenges will determine the semifinalists for the episode. The
        > two semifinalists will then square off to determine the episode champion in
        > the "Fight to the Finish" challenge. The winners of each episode (six total)
        > will advance to the overall Championship Finals.
        >
        > http://tlc.discovery.com/fansites/robotica/robotica.html

      • warrenhb
        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 3, 2001
          Robotica - Wednesdays 9 to 11 P. M. - two consecutive 1 hour episodes.
          Repeats Thursdays 12 to 2 A. M. - this helps if you already tape stuff
          Wednesday nights.

          Doug Bell

          | The Learning Channel - TLC - Cable Television
          |
          | Robotica - Wednesdays at 9:00 P.M.
          |
          | Junkyard Wars - Mondays at 8:00 P.M.
          |

          | Ron Patton wrote:
          |
          | > The Competition: Each of the 24 competitors will be matched against a
          single
          | > opponent for the first six episodes (four robots per episode). These
          robot
          | > pairings will compete head-to-head in three challenges - "Speedway",
          "The
          | > Maze" and "The Gauntlet." The highest total score accumulated during
          these
          | > first three challenges will determine the semifinalists for the episode.
          The
          | > two semifinalists will then square off to determine the episode champion
          in
          | > the "Fight to the Finish" challenge. The winners of each episode (six
          total)
          | > will advance to the overall Championship Finals.
          | >
          | > http://tlc.discovery.com/fansites/robotica/robotica.html
          | >
          | > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
          | >

          | > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Tom Dickens
          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 3, 2001
            We now have 40 robots registered for Robothon!

            http://www.seattlerobotics.org/Robothon2001/robothon2001registeredrobots.html

            If you haven't registered your robot, please do so now at:
            http://seattlerobotics.org/Robothon2001/robothon2001registration.html

            Or simply reply to me with your registration information.

            Thanks, and see you at Robothon!

            --
            /**********************
            * Tom Dickens
            Message 5 of 15 , Mar 22, 2002
              The robot registration process for the Robothon is now open.

              Please register your robots for the Robothon. Registration is Free.

              We need a head count on the number of robots entered into each event so we
              can plan the amount of time required to conduct each event.

              If you are currently building a robot and you are not sure if the robot will
              be ready in time, please register is anyway. We would rather too many
              robots that are registered than actually show up. But if more robots show
              up on the day of the event than are registered, then we will have a problem.

              Remember to register your robots. The earlier the better.

              We will update the registered robot list at least once a week. If you do
              not see your robot on the list after a week, send me a note letting me know.

              Also, if you an an error message during the registration process, let me
              know about it. We already had one person that could not register because of
              some email problem. If you run into this problem, plese send me an email
              and a list of your robots like you see in the registration page.

              Only 6 weeks untill the Robothon.

              Pete Miles
              Seattle Robotics Society
              Events Coordinator
              events@...
            • Pete Miles
              Message 6 of 15 , Mar 22, 2002
                It really helps to include the registration address

                http://www.seattlerobotics.org/robothon/register.html

                Pete Miles
                Seattle Robotics Society
                Events Coordinator
                events@...

                > The robot registration process for the Robothon is now open.
                >
                > Please register your robots for the Robothon. Registration is Free.
                >
                > We need a head count on the number of robots entered into each event so we
                > can plan the amount of time required to conduct each event.
                >
                > If you are currently building a robot and you are not sure if the robot
                will
                > be ready in time, please register is anyway. We would rather too many
                > robots that are registered than actually show up. But if more robots show
                > up on the day of the event than are registered, then we will have a
                problem.

                > Remember to register your robots. The earlier the better.
                >
                > We will update the registered robot list at least once a week. If you do
                > not see your robot on the list after a week, send me a note letting me
                know.

                > Also, if you an an error message during the registration process, let me
                > know about it. We already had one person that could not register because
                of
                > some email problem. If you run into this problem, plese send me an email
                > and a list of your robots like you see in the registration page.
                >
                > Only 6 weeks untill the Robothon.
                >
                > Pete Miles
                > Seattle Robotics Society
                > Events Coordinator
                > events@...

              • Pete Miles
                Message 7 of 15 , Mar 29, 2002
                  The Robothon is only 5 weeks away.

                  Plenty of time to get your creations up an running.

                  So far we have 22 robots registered!

                  See the current registered list at:
                  http://www.seattlerobotics.org/robothon/registered.html

                  We are updating the list on a daily basis. If you tried to register, and
                  you don't see your robot on the list, send me an email to let me know.

                  Check out the great list of raffle prizes at:
                  http://www.seattlerobotics.org/robothon/raffle.html

                  I know there are more robots out there that want to come to the Robothon.
                  Please register them as early as possible so I can allocate the right amount
                  of time for the different events.

                  I just know there are more than 2 robots going to enter the Floor exersize!
                  This is the open category, all you have to do is bring your robot and show
                  what it can do. That is really all there is to do. In this event you get
                  to see all of the different types of robots that people can think of. It is
                  a pretty exciting time. And there is no such a thing as a bad robot.

                  Also, I know there are more 3 kg sumo robots out there. So where are you?
                  Remember if you want to win one of the really cool looking trophies, 3 kg
                  sumo is your best chance at doing it. It is not as hard as you think to
                  build one. Last week in San Francisci, a lego sumo robot made it to the
                  semi-finals againse the top Japanese robots.

                  Remember to register as soon as possible at:
                  http://www.seattlerobotics.org/robothon/register.html

                  Pete Miles
                  Seattle Robotics Society
                  Events Coordinator
                  events@...
                  http://www.seattlerobotics.org/robothon/index.html
                • John Cole
                  Message 8 of 15 , Sep 20, 2003
                    Hello;

                    I don't know if this is a short term server problem or if the problem
                    is with my computer or whatever but I just tried to register my as yet
                    unfinished robot, however, I was able to load the form with my
                    information but when I hit the submit button (and I tried this several
                    times) I got some sort of server error message. I will try again later
                    anyway but thought I would put the information out there. John C.
                  • ajklz5
                    Message 9 of 15 , Oct 4, 2003
                      The robot pre-registration for the Robothon is off to a slow start.
                      I figure that it is because everyone is too busy building your robots.

                      We now have a dedicated website for the Robothon at www.robothon.org

                      There as been a lot of updates to the website, with lots of
                      activities.

                      There is no way you can get bored at this year's Robothon.

                      All of the activity times are posted, subject to change based on pre-
                      registration. We may increase or decrease the aloted times for each
                      of the events based on pre-registration which might affect have a
                      negative effect on on-site regristration.

                      If you are thinking about competing, pre-register anyways.

                      If you want to compete and don't have a robot, sign up for the robot
                      building workshop, and build a mini sumo.

                      Pre-Registration is at http://www.robothon.org/robothon/register.html

                      So far, it looks like my wife's and my 3kg sumo and advanced mini
                      sumo's are going uncontested. Are there no challengers out there?

                      No explosive devices will be allowed at the Robothon this year. The
                      bomb disposal robot from the Seattle Police Department will be there,
                      and it will find them.

                      I am hoping to see lots of new registrations.

                      If you need table space to show off your robotic creation let me know
                      through the registration site. We have less tables this year than
                      last year, and they are going fast.

                      Did I mention all of the start of the art research robots from the
                      University of Washington will be there?

                      Pete
                    • Pete Miles
                      Message 10 of 15 , Oct 3, 2005
                        Just a quick reminder,

                        The Robothon (www.robothon.org) is this weekend (October 8th and 9th), with the ever popular
                        hack session Friday night.

                        I know we are all scrambling to build robots (I am not planning on sleeping this week), but
                        please take a moment to register your robot.

                        Knowing how many robots for each event helps up make sure we have enough time allocated for
                        each event.

                        So please register your robots even if you are not sure if it will be ready in time.

                        And don't forget about the robot building workshop on Saturday.

                        Pete