Re: [SeattleRobotics] Robothon Hack Session: Motion Control and Dead Reckoning Algorithms

  • warrenhb
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 31, 2001
      I don't think you've mentioned what time you plan to meet.

      Doug Bell

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2001
        I live in Albuquerque right now so attending will be a little tough. Is anyone willing to take
        notes and post the salient details to this site?
        Kevin.

        4/1/01 4:54:07 PM, "Larry Barello" <lbarello@...> wrote:

        >Dave Anderson and I will be hosting a pre-Robothon Hack session on Friday
        >evening, April 27th, at the Seattle Center House, with the topic being
        >motion control and Dead Reckoning. Dave and I will be showing our robots
        >and discussing the software algorithms used to control them Depending upon
        >interests and questions, we can go into the details of PID control,
        >feedback mechanism, Odometry algorithms and navigation. Also being
        >discussed is the hardware needed to make accurate navigation possible.
        >
        >Don't just lurk! This isn't a formal tech session. There is no lecture,
        >just a couple of robot enthusiasts getting together to shoot the breeze and
        >learn from each other. Bring in your hardware and software or sketches and
        >lets compare notes. Anyone trying to control motion, be it a rolling base
        >or an articulated arm, or navigating a known or unknown environment has
        >something to gain from this kind of get together.
        >
        >Cheers!

      • Larry Barello

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 2, 2001
            Wish I lived around there! I would really like to see any notes taken
            from your meeting, can someone post them if there were any taken??
            -Dan