Re: [SeattleRobotics] Robothon 2014 Sumo Rules update [1 Attachment]

  • Peter Balch
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 15, 2014
      > I have updated the official rules for this years R\C 3kg event to
      > correctly
      > reflect use of 2.4 GHz systems for control.

      Just out of interest ...

      Does that mean people can use Bluetooth? Presumably two contestants can use
      BT at the same time (each with their own pairing). Do contestants find
      that's OK? Is interference or response time a problem? Do spectators' phones
      hog the airwaves to an unacceptable extent?

      Peter
    • Rob Purdy
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 15, 2014
          Any 2.4 G R/C device should be ok.  It was mandatory at Robogames 5 years ago.  The only time you'll run into issues is when some one starts running too many video streams. ) Mec warfare guys cleaned out the spectrum with their cameras. Once they were separated to the other side of the venue it seemed to alleviate the problems.

        Rob

        To: SeattleRobotics@yahoogroups.com
        From: SeattleRobotics@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 23:32:03 +0100
        Subject: Re: [SeattleRobotics] Robothon 2014 Sumo Rules update

        > I have updated the official rules for this years R\C 3kg event to
        > correctly
        > reflect use of 2.4 GHz systems for control.

        Just out of interest ...

        Does that mean people can use Bluetooth? Presumably two contestants can use
        BT at the same time (each with their own pairing). Do contestants find
        that's OK? Is interference or response time a problem? Do spectators' phones
        hog the airwaves to an unacceptable extent?

        Peter

      • Jim Watts
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 15, 2014

          Hi, friends!

          I'm new here, but personally I would say go for it if people want to use Bluetooth, on the understanding of course that they accept the possible consequences of interference.

          :-)

          To: SeattleRobotics@yahoogroups.com
          From: SeattleRobotics@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 23:32:03 +0100

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 15, 2014

            Such are the hazards of any part 15 RF device.

            Rob

            From: SeattleRobotics@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 23:32:03 +0100