i am selling a low cost laser distance sensor

  • jamericanfreddy
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 5, 2014

      on ebay i have a listing for  NEATO lidar distance sensor low cost with shipping $97.80 with software codes

      there is a lot of hack info on the internet to use it as a distance sensor

      http://www.ebay.com/itm/281402740686?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649#ht_1144wt_1230

      seattle club price is $90 using paypal only ,ebay its $97.80 since i have to pay them fee's

      i pre-test them,because some newer firmware lidars will not work

      i have the python GUI code and arduino code used for speed

      and it includes free shipping,they sell fairly fast

    • btshil2000
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 22, 2014
        Hi,
        I missed your original e-mail, but I was wondering if you can share the hardware hook up and code to use this sensor for a distance ranging?

        Thanks,

        bT
      • James LeRoy
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 22, 2014
          There's about a dozen of us at the DPRG that recently got this Lidar and are working to implement them in our robots.  I've designed a controller board that many of us are going to use.  After testing out the first few boards everything was good and I just put in the second order yesterday for all in the group that wanted one.  I was thinking of selling a few on eBay as well to see what kind of interest there is.

          http://www.getsurreal.com/products/xv-lidar-controller

          I will get some pictures of the board uploaded soon.

          -LeRoy