Robotics classes

  • mchughjb
    Message 1 of 5 , May 19, 2014
      Hi all.  I'm a new member to the group.

      I'm a software engineer by profession and an aspiring maker by night.  I've worked with Arduinos for a year or so and feel like I've mastered the Atmel microcontroller including assembly level programming.

      I have an almost complete lack of experience with motors and control systems.  I'm looking to take a class in this area.

      Is there anything excellent in Seattle?  I don't want to take a college course that uses lego mindstorm or anything similar.  My ideal is to find a class or forum in which I can learn how to build a multi-dimensional motion system (like a laser cutter).  I've self taught myself all other areas of electrical engineering and would like to take a more structured approach to motion control and structural systems.

      Thanks!

      Jason McHugh
    • Will Smith