Dynamic model for the mobile robot modeling

  • Alaa Abdulrasool
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 8, 2014
      Dears All

          kindly . I am working on mobile robot  to navigate in unknown environment and I used dynamic model for the robot modeling , but I faced a problem while I am trying check that .
      I connect the dynamic model with two PID controllers one for velocity and another for angle with constant values just for test but it didn’t work correctly, so please your help what is the error in the circuit in the attachment . so please I really need your fast help .

      Many thanks
    • Alaa Abdulrasool
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 8, 2014
      • 1 Attachment
      • 39 KB

    • alaarasol16@yahoo.com
      Message 3 of 15 , Feb 9, 2014

        Dears All

        I don't know why all members here ignore my emails and don't answer me, since two weeks I send more than five emails requesting help from you but no one answer, I couldn't believe that no one here in the group can help or at least to direct me to any one or any place where can i find me desire . am I in the wrong group or place?

        Many thanks

        Message 4 of 15 , Feb 9, 2014
          Hello Alaarasol16,

          Well in my case I do not download files from here unless it is someone I have seen on here for years, No telling what kind of virus is in that download. As for your emails 2 weeks ago I am not interested in what you were asking about so I had no information to share, Altho I did have to waste my time reading your begging for help. HINT: If you see your email on the list and do not get any answers, Maybe re-phrase the question and ask ONCE more.

          --
          Best regards,
          Charles Thurston mailto:cthurston@...
          Message 5 of 15 , Feb 9, 2014
            All you supplied by way of information was Model.mdl
            What is that supposed to be?
            I don't think anybody here is a mind reader, if you don't give information on a problem can you really expect a reply?
          • Peter Balch
            Message 6 of 15 , Feb 9, 2014
              > All you supplied by way of information was Model.mdl
              > What is that supposed to be?

              AFAIK, an mdl file is a MathWorks Simulink model.

              I've never used any MathWorks products.

              > I connect the dynamic model with two PID controllers one for velocity
              > and another for angle with constant values just for test but it didn’t
              > work correctly

              That's like saying "here is a computer program that doesn't work properly -
              what's wrong with it?". No-one can answer that question as it stands. If you
              wrote the mdl model yourself then you are the best peron to answer the
              question. If you donwnloaded the file from somewhere then the original
              author might be able to help. How is the program _meant_ to work?

              From the content and tone of your questions it looks to me like you have a
              college project you're having trouble completing. I suggest that your
              course-tutor is the best person to ask for help. Downloading a program and
              handing it in as part of your course-work is never a good idea.

              Have you been learning about PID controllers in a course? Running
              simulations of PIDs is an excellent way to understand them but you need to
              have the basics first. For instance, how did you (or how are you planning)
              to tune the PID?

              Peter
            • Pete Miles
              Message 7 of 15 , Feb 9, 2014
                We are not here to do your homework for you.

                Message 8 of 15 , Feb 9, 2014

                  i know so just shut up your mouth.

                  Message 9 of 15 , Feb 9, 2014

                    Dear alaarasol16,
                    What was that old phrase -
                    "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child".
                    I guess they missed out "and behaved as a child".
                    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.
                    Grow up.

                      [Attachment(s) from Alaa Abdulrasool included below]

                      Dears All

                          kindly . I am working on mobile robot  to navigate in unknown environment and I used dynamic model for the robot modeling , but I faced a problem while I am trying check that .
                      I connect the dynamic model with two PID controllers one for velocity and another for angle with constant values just for test but it didn’t work correctly, so please your help what is the e

                      --
                      Cheers,
                      Aeden

                      GitHub: https://github.com/aedenj
                      Linked In: http://www.linkedin.com/in/aedenjameson
                      Blah Blah Blah: http://www.twitter.com/daliful

                    • Peter Balch
                      Message 11 of 15 , Feb 10, 2014
                        > Children, children.

                        This has always been a very polite, welcoming and helpful group. I'm sure
                        we've all joined other groups and been apalled at the clique-ish, unfriendly
                        and downright rude goings on there.

                        It is difficult to know how to answer someone who posts a rather odd
                        question. I expect most of us thought "that's someone trying to get me to do
                        their homework for them - I'll let someone else answer it".

                        Nevertheless, it was a first post by a newbie. What should the group policy
                        be? Shouldn't newbies _always_ be encouraged - no matter what their motives?

                        Personally, I think we all behaved a little badly by not answering the
                        second post. I'm certainly embarassed. A few gentle queries about "what are
                        you trying to achieve?" or "how far have you got?" wouldn't have gone amiss.

                        Peter
                      • Dan Tebbs
                        Message 12 of 15 , Feb 10, 2014
                          I can't agree.  "Children, children" is as self-righteous as "just shut up your mouth" was childish.

                          This is a list for experts. Experts who are freely offering their time and expertise... despite the sometimes challenge of poorly posed questions. If you want to play with the experts, don't waste their time. A minimal level of professionalism is certainly in order.

                          -Dan

                          On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 11:21 AM, Peter Balch <peterbalch@...> wrote:

                          > Children, children.

                          This has always been a very polite, welcoming and helpful group. I'm sure
                          we've all joined other groups and been apalled at the clique-ish, unfriendly
                          and downright rude goings on there.

                          It is difficult to know how to answer someone who posts a rather odd
                          question. I expect most of us thought "that's someone trying to get me to do
                          their homework for them - I'll let someone else answer it".

                          Nevertheless, it was a first post by a newbie. What should the group policy
                          be? Shouldn't newbies _always_ be encouraged - no matter what their motives?

                          Personally, I think we all behaved a little badly by not answering the
                          second post. I'm certainly embarassed. A few gentle queries about "what are
                          you trying to achieve?" or "how far have you got?" wouldn't have gone amiss.

                          Dan Tebbs
                          Auric Consulting LLC
                          Ph: 425-577-1688
                          Email: DanTebbs@...
                          http://www.Linkedin.com/in/dantebbs

                        • Robert Dyer
                          Message 13 of 15 , Feb 11, 2014

                            Dan,

                            Thank you! Finally I'll be able to sleep at night knowing who this list is for: self-righteous, childish experts....and I guess you can now add sarcastic to the list of adjectives. Oh, and while you're at it, you might want to include pompous.

                            Robert

                            Message 14 of 15 , Feb 11, 2014
                              Hello Dan,

                              Well if this list is for "Experts". I have been on this list since way before June 2011 and in MY Opinion YOUR replies have always sounded like you had a processor up your ass. Since I am not an expert I will be unsubscribing now.

                              Thank you for finally enlightening me on the purpose of the list.

                              Message 15 of 15 , Feb 11, 2014
                                Charles,

                                You're correct that I over-stated, the list is not just for experts. However I do find the list to be a precious resource that should be treated accordingly. A minimal behavior requirement is not out of order.

                                Sorry if my manner of speech offends and hate to see a fellow robotics enthusiast leave. You may be right about my bodily functions, though that's the first time I've been accused of that one, LOL! Perhaps I have ingested technology for too many years...

                                -Dan