Learning ROS for Robotics Programming

  • David Buckley
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 22, 2013
      For some time I have been considering learning ROS, of course that means I have to get to grips with Linux as well but when I have looked for a good roadmap of how to go about understanding ROS mostly I find changelogs pointing to more changelogs.
      Recently I got a copy of "Learning ROS for Robotics Programming" and it seems to be just what I need as it starts right at the beginning with how to load ROS and gives all the arcane command strings necessary.
      I did hope to have ROS installed and in use by now but restoring the Shadow Biped for the Science Museum got in the way so ... in the new year...
      Anyway if anybody is interested the book is at http://bit.ly/18UYl3F and the ebook is really cheap.

      DAvid
    • KM6VV
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 23, 2013
        Hi David,

        Good find!

        Also check out "ROS By Example", by Patrick Goebel.  He's a fellow member of HBRobotics club here in Silicon Valley.

        Alan  KM6VV