Re: i JUST GOT another robot white box 914-pc bot

  • jgkjcasey
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3, 2013
      --- In SeattleRobotics@yahoogroups.com, "jamericanfreddy" <jamericanfreddy@...> wrote:

      > I just won the bid on the white box new 914 pc bot IN BOX on ebay
      > ROBOTSHOP list it for $4995.00
      >
      > Cant wait to get it in,right now i am in jamaica for a few days with my girlfriend
      >
      > Will post photo of it

      Whew the white box is a bit more expensive than the
      $100 Roomba clone I bought recently and it doesn't
      even vacuum. Although I believe an expandable robot
      base needs to have the computing power of a PC I
      would see the base coming without a PC so you can
      plug in your own.

      I watched some video of the white box in action and
      thought it a bit noisy and slow. I was also surprised
      to see it rock when it came to a stop.

      > any one knows of a python code for roborealm i can
      > use as a example

      http://www.roborealm.com/help/Python_Program.php

      The plugins download has an example.

      Although I played with RoboRealm when it was still
      a free product I wasn't able to interface it to
      FreeBasic which is the current language I am using
      instead I have to write my own visual processing
      software.

      > I bought a beginners guide BOOK to PYTHON

      Me too with the thought I might need it to make
      use of software examples for the Raspberry which
      I am thinking of buying to play with.