i JUST GOT another robot white box 914-pc bot

  • jamericanfreddy
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2013
      I just won the bid on the white box new 914 pc bot IN BOX on ebay
      ROBOTSHOP list it for $4995.00

      Cant wait to get it in,right now i am in jamaica for a few days with my girlfriend

      Will post photo of it

      any one knows of a python code for roborealm i can use as a example
      I bought a beginners guide BOOK to PYTHON
    • jgkjcasey
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3, 2013
        --- In SeattleRobotics@yahoogroups.com, "jamericanfreddy" <jamericanfreddy@...> wrote:

        > I just won the bid on the white box new 914 pc bot IN BOX on ebay
        > ROBOTSHOP list it for $4995.00
        >
        > Cant wait to get it in,right now i am in jamaica for a few days with my girlfriend
        >
        > Will post photo of it

        Whew the white box is a bit more expensive than the
        $100 Roomba clone I bought recently and it doesn't
        even vacuum. Although I believe an expandable robot
        base needs to have the computing power of a PC I
        would see the base coming without a PC so you can
        plug in your own.

        I watched some video of the white box in action and
        thought it a bit noisy and slow. I was also surprised
        to see it rock when it came to a stop.

        > any one knows of a python code for roborealm i can
        > use as a example

        http://www.roborealm.com/help/Python_Program.php

        The plugins download has an example.

        Although I played with RoboRealm when it was still
        a free product I wasn't able to interface it to
        FreeBasic which is the current language I am using
        instead I have to write my own visual processing
        software.

        > I bought a beginners guide BOOK to PYTHON

        Me too with the thought I might need it to make
        use of software examples for the Raspberry which
        I am thinking of buying to play with.