Re: [SeattleRobotics] Robot Vision

  • robotMaker
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 20, 2013
      Could you share the details of your robot vision project and share a specific link to the Steven on Robotrealm site?

      Thanx

      Cesar

      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 21, 2013
        Yep, Steven is a great guy.  I've been dealing with him and Robotealm for several years now.  He is always responsive to my questions and requests and I have been and currently using the software in my bots.
        I am part of the LEAF project and Steven has helped us out a great deal.

        Bob
        A huge shout out to Steven at Roborealm. If you haven't used this software to give your robot sight, I highly recommend it but really Steven went far, far out of his way to help me with a problem I was having.

      • videogrfx
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 21, 2013
          Here's a link to the site. Steven is on the forum a lot and very helpful.
          http://www.roborealm.com/forum.php
          As for my bot, I was trying to get it to track an person using color as a start. Eventually to follow etc. I don't have a site but will post video when I get it working.
          Darrell

          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 21, 2013
            About ten years ago, or maybe less, Ted Larson made a self balancing bot, and to make it do something interesting, he mounted an AVR cam on top that followed people around that was wearing red. The AVR cam is an open source project and it can track up to eight colors. Here's the link to Ted's website: http://www.tedlarson.com/. There is a picture of his bot about the middle of the page.

            Cesar

            Here's a link to the site. Steven is on the forum a lot and very helpful.
            http://www.roborealm.com/forum.php
            As for my bot, I was trying to get it to track an person using color as a start. Eventually to follow etc. I don't have a site but will post video when I get it working.
            Darrell

            --- In SeattleRobotics@yahoogroups.com, robotMaker <robotmeiker@...> wrote:

            > Could you share the details of your robot vision project and share a specific link to the Steven on Robotrealm site?
            >
            > Thanx
            >
            > Cesar
            >

            > ________________________________

          • jamericanfreddy
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 21, 2013
              I use roborealm a lot its the best vision software,so many filters,interfaces and more
              roboealm.com

              --- In SeattleRobotics@yahoogroups.com, "videogrfx" <mrroboto2@...> wrote:

              > A huge shout out to Steven at Roborealm. If you haven't used this software to give your robot sight, I highly recommend it but really Steven went far, far out of his way to help me with a problem I was having.

            • Thomas M
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 21, 2013
                Congrats on your success with it. You are a much more dedicated person than I am.

                Roborealm is a powerful computer vision product, but it takes a lot of effort to get it to do what you want it too. I have not gotten very far with it.

                I won a copy of the as a prize about two years ago (RSSC Talent Contest) and after about 9 hours "put it away for later". Later still has not come.

                Thomas

                Like robots?

                http://www.robots-and-androids.com
              • robotMaker
                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 21, 2013
                  You mean http://www.roborealm.com/, right? The one that I have found to be within my reach, is the AVR Cam (http://www.bot-thoughts.com/2012/06/avrcam-resurrection.html), it was an open source project that was just right for personal bots.

                  Cesar

                  I use roborealm a lot its the  best vision software,so many filters,interfaces and more
                  roboealm.com

                  --- In SeattleRobotics@yahoogroups.com, "videogrfx" <mrroboto2@...> wrote:

                  > A huge shout out to Steven at Roborealm. If you haven't used this software to give your robot sight, I highly recommend it but really Steven went far, far out of his way to help me with a problem I was having.

                  <*> Your email settings:
                      Individual Email | Traditional

                  <*> To change settings online go to:
                      (Yahoo! ID required)

                  <*> To change settings via email:
                      SeattleRobotics-digest@yahoogroups.com
                      SeattleRobotics-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                • Bruce J Weimer, MD
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jun 23, 2013
                    I've used RoboRealm for a number of projects on my Leaf robot - it's a really easy way to incorporate sophisticated vision processing.... and much easier to use than OpenCV.

                    Dr. Bruce.