tracked robot

  • Howard
    Message 1 of 3 , May 20, 2013
      I want to build a tracked robot, sort of like a tank, to explore or search in caves. It needs to wire controlled. Does anyone know where I can buy kits, tracks etc.? I live in Lynnwood ...
    • robotMaker
      Message 2 of 3 , May 20, 2013
        Is this a nature project?
        Wire controlled because RF does not work in the cave? How far do you need to go into the cave?

        Cesar

        I want to build a tracked robot, sort of like a tank, to explore or search in caves.  It needs to wire controlled.  Does anyone know where I can buy kits, tracks etc.?  I live in Lynnwood ...

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            SeattleRobotics-digest@yahoogroups.com
            SeattleRobotics-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • fred miller
        Message 3 of 3 , May 21, 2013
          on wireless it wont work in caves or underwater,bluetooth or wifi

          You need a onboard computer or cpu with a good navigation program.

          On robot bases a good one is 6WD or 4WD aluminium bases made by DAGU ,robotshop.com has some
          good also for moon crawling robots