RE: [SeattleRobotics] Robot Combat League

  • Rob Purdy
    Message 1 of 8 , May 2, 2013
         That would be a seriously spendy propsition.  I would like to know what method he used to make hydraulics into servos.

      Rob

      To: SeattleRobotics@yahoogroups.com
      From: dlc@...
      Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 13:03:07 -0600
      Subject: Re: [SeattleRobotics] Robot Combat League

      I just saw the final episode last night. I wonder if there will be a second season. And I wonder if anyone else will be up to designing competing machines to Setrakian's(sp?)

      DLC

      --
      Dennis Clark
      While traveling

      On May 2, 2013, at 11:43 AM, "starvingartist49" <starvingartist49@...> wrote:

      > List has seemed pretty quiet lately. I thought we should congratulate Dave and Amber Shinsel on their success in winning the competition.

    • Mark Kenworthy
      Message 2 of 8 , May 2, 2013

        Probably just put encoders somewhere (e.g., on the joints), and ran them like a DC servomotor.  Or maybe he was playing around with pressures and flow sensors, and figuring that was close enough.

        Mark

        To: SeattleRobotics@yahoogroups.com
        From: dlc@...
        Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 13:03:07 -0600

        Message 3 of 8 , May 2, 2013
             That would be a spendy proposition. I hope they do some thing better.  Knowing what Mark is capable of I was actually a little disappointed but watched it any way.  The sparks for show was kinda lame.

          Heads up for those that can't afford to fight 800# bots WAR is going to host Mech warfare this fall probably at our November event.   I plan on doing Demo's at the Kirkland Summer fest event in August.

          Rob

          To: SeattleRobotics@yahoogroups.com
          From: dlc@...
          Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 13:03:07 -0600