RE: [SeattleRobotics] Robot Combat League

  • KM6VV
    Message 1 of 8 , May 2 12:32 PM
      I missed the final. 'Hope it comes up for another look soon.

      Alan KM6VV
      P.S. I didn't let my young 'bots watch it. To violent!

      Message 2 of 8 , May 2 12:44 PM
           That would be a seriously spendy propsition.  I would like to know what method he used to make hydraulics into servos.

        Rob

        To: SeattleRobotics@yahoogroups.com
        From: dlc@...
        Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 13:03:07 -0600

        --
        Dennis Clark
        While traveling

        On May 2, 2013, at 11:43 AM, "starvingartist49" <starvingartist49@...> wrote:

        > List has seemed pretty quiet lately. I thought we should congratulate Dave and Amber Shinsel on their success in winning the competition.

      • Mark Kenworthy
        Message 3 of 8 , May 2 1:23 PM

          Probably just put encoders somewhere (e.g., on the joints), and ran them like a DC servomotor.  Or maybe he was playing around with pressures and flow sensors, and figuring that was close enough.

          Mark

          To: SeattleRobotics@yahoogroups.com
          From: dlc@...
          Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 13:03:07 -0600

          Message 4 of 8 , May 2 9:18 PM
               That would be a spendy proposition. I hope they do some thing better.  Knowing what Mark is capable of I was actually a little disappointed but watched it any way.  The sparks for show was kinda lame.

            Heads up for those that can't afford to fight 800# bots WAR is going to host Mech warfare this fall probably at our November event.   I plan on doing Demo's at the Kirkland Summer fest event in August.

            Rob

            To: SeattleRobotics@yahoogroups.com
            From: dlc@...
            Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 13:03:07 -0600