Robot Combat League

  • starvingartist49
    Message 1 of 8 , May 2 10:43 AM
      List has seemed pretty quiet lately. I thought we should congratulate Dave and Amber Shinsel on their success in winning the competition.
    • Dennis Clark
      Message 2 of 8 , May 2 12:03 PM
        I just saw the final episode last night. I wonder if there will be a second season. And I wonder if anyone else will be up to designing competing machines to Setrakian's(sp?)

        DLC

        --
        Dennis Clark
        While traveling

        On May 2, 2013, at 11:43 AM, "starvingartist49" <starvingartist49@...> wrote:

        > List has seemed pretty quiet lately. I thought we should congratulate Dave and Amber Shinsel on their success in winning the competition.

      • KM6VV
        Message 3 of 8 , May 2 12:32 PM
          I missed the final. 'Hope it comes up for another look soon.

          Alan KM6VV
          P.S. I didn't let my young 'bots watch it. To violent!

          wrote:

          > List has seemed pretty quiet lately. I thought we should congratulate Dave
          and Amber Shinsel on their success in winning the competition.

        • Rob Purdy
          Message 4 of 8 , May 2 12:44 PM
               That would be a seriously spendy propsition.  I would like to know what method he used to make hydraulics into servos.

            Rob

            To: SeattleRobotics@yahoogroups.com
            From: dlc@...
            Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 13:03:07 -0600

            I just saw the final episode last night. I wonder if there will be a second season. And I wonder if anyone else will be up to designing competing machines to Setrakian's(sp?)

            DLC

            --
            Dennis Clark
            While traveling

            On May 2, 2013, at 11:43 AM, "starvingartist49" <starvingartist49@...> wrote:

            > List has seemed pretty quiet lately. I thought we should congratulate Dave and Amber Shinsel on their success in winning the competition.

          • Mark Kenworthy
            Message 5 of 8 , May 2 1:23 PM

              Probably just put encoders somewhere (e.g., on the joints), and ran them like a DC servomotor.  Or maybe he was playing around with pressures and flow sensors, and figuring that was close enough.

              Mark

              To: SeattleRobotics@yahoogroups.com
              From: dlc@...
              Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 13:03:07 -0600

              Message 6 of 8 , May 2 9:18 PM
                   That would be a spendy proposition. I hope they do some thing better.  Knowing what Mark is capable of I was actually a little disappointed but watched it any way.  The sparks for show was kinda lame.

                Heads up for those that can't afford to fight 800# bots WAR is going to host Mech warfare this fall probably at our November event.   I plan on doing Demo's at the Kirkland Summer fest event in August.

                Rob

                To: SeattleRobotics@yahoogroups.com
                From: dlc@...
                Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 13:03:07 -0600