Monthly SRS meeting this Saturday & help finding presenters

  • sdk6772
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 15 12:31 PM
      Greetings Everyone,

      Come on down to Renton Tech College this Saturday for a great monthly meeting. No storms are coming that would cause problems but do check the SRS website Friday just to be sure. We should be in the east side of the K-Quad (K201/202) as usual. I'll have signs up. There's free, open WiFi available in the room.

      Tony Mactutis of Q2i come and will talk about a guywire cable inspection robot he helped develop for the Navy. There's a picture linked on the Presentations page.

      Bring along your projects-in-work or anything interesting you're working on now or have worked on. We have lots of new folks so dust off those robots in the closet and bring them on down. Bring your questions about robots, the club, how to do stuff, where to find things, etc.

      And don't forget to bring stuff to move to someone else's garage for a while too. Put it on the side/back counter, but take it home if no one else does.

      We'll order Jimmy Johns sandwiches for lunch during the afternoon work session so bring some $$ and something that's been nagging at you for attention (like a Robothon robot!). Feel free to bring your own lunch or grab something at one of the many local eatin' places if you prefer.

      If you know of any events of interest to the club, bring the info along to share. If you have pictures you'd like to show during the meeting (Round-the-Room), bring them to me on a thumb-drive before the meeting and I'll run them for you.

      Help me find and contact interesting presenters for future meetings. Thank you for leads that have been coming. The calendar is filling in nicely. Send contact information to me at secretary(at)seattlerobotics(dot)org.

      Hope to see lots of you there!

      Steve K. - Secretary & Monthly Meeting Organizer