Re: [SeattleRobotics] Fwd: [da Vinci] Police Robots Demo on Wednesday at 7PM

  • Pat Tressel
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 8 10:57 PM
      Just got this additional link for the King County Sheriff's robot demo:

      http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/356697

      On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 10:12 AM, Max Cato <maxsthekat@...> wrote:

      From my own experience overseas, most military/LEO's use either the Talon or the PackBot. Both have their points, although most people I encountered (myself included) preferred the Talon for it's better optics and handling. If you've never seen them before, they're pretty neat-- worth taking a look at.

      The one that's on a poster here looks lighter-weight, and wheeled rather than tracked.  It has a long articulated pole with a camera on the end, and a manipulator part-way up.  But I don't know if it's the actual robot, or just a placeholder the person who assembled the poster used.  (The original poster had no images, and the person who edited it said they were waiting for a photo, so I was guessing they'd received one, and hence that this was the actual robot.  But I could easily be wrong.)

      -- Pat
    • Pat Tressel
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 9 2:24 AM
        Got some more info...  There will be multiple robots, and...

        From my own experience overseas, most military/LEO's use either the Talon or the PackBot.

        ...one of them is the PackBot.

        The other is a throwable reconnaissance robot from Recon Robotics.  Look for "bus" in the videos here to see the PackBot placing one of the Recon Scouts:
        http://www.reconrobotics.com/videos.cfm

        -- Pat