a non-robotics repair question...

  • John Schlick
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 23 5:43 PM
      Anyone interested in fixing an electronic thermostat controller for me?

      it has a 6 pin dip (0.1 spacing) soldered onto the board (2"x2"), a to-3 package that looks like a switch/scr/power transistor

      And something thats about the size of a 1 watt resistor that has clearly overheated that goes between one side of the 110v to the rest of the circuit, it's epoxy covered, and the ends are not crisp like a resistor, they come together like a sausage around the wires.  It does have some bands like a resistor, but they don't read right to me.

      If you think you can fix it, I'll bring it over and pay something.  It is the controller for the heater to my waterbed, so I'm about to get VERY cold without it.

      Call (206) 932-6622 if you are interested, and I'm in West Seattle.

         John.