Adding events to Robothon

  • Carol
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1 10:42 AM
      To everybody who is speculating on adding other events or new events to Robothon, please come to our committee meetings to help with that. Everybody is expressing a lot of interest in War and the new Robot Combat games but we need you to help us make these happen. I think a smaller version of the combat game using bioloid type robots to combat each other might be a lot of fun and a real crowd pleaser. But we are a small group trying to make Robothon happen this year and sure could use your help and time to expand our venue.
    • Rob Purdy
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 3 11:38 AM
          So far there's only 2 other people expressing interest.  Not enough to justify the logistics of moving and assembling a 3500# arena much less disrupting the current plans.
        I would like to see a commitment of at least 6 mechs before we consider this.  At best we only have a potential of 4.  Pete has 2, I would build one and so would Mark Kenworthy.  I know of one more competitor in the area that actually has a fully functional machine.  I'm not sure  if we would attract any more.  I'll be attending robogames this year and talk to the organizer there to see what other potential exists.

        Rob

        To: SeattleRobotics@yahoogroups.com
        From: carolhazlett@...
        Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2013 18:42:50 +0000