Re: [SeattleRobotics] Robot Combat League

  • Pete Miles
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 27, 2013
      This show was absolutely awesome. I can't wait to see next episode.

      For those that don't remember, Dave Shinsel has been a very active participant
      of the Robothon. He won the 2005 RoboMagellan contest

      Gratz Dave for the first ever victory in this new and exciting robotics event.

      So who is up for humanoid robotics events? Humanoid Sumo?

      Pete
    • starvingartist49
      Message 2 of 8 , May 2 10:43 AM
        List has seemed pretty quiet lately. I thought we should congratulate Dave and Amber Shinsel on their success in winning the competition.
      • Dennis Clark
        Message 3 of 8 , May 2 12:03 PM
          I just saw the final episode last night. I wonder if there will be a second season. And I wonder if anyone else will be up to designing competing machines to Setrakian's(sp?)

          DLC

          --
          Dennis Clark
          While traveling

          On May 2, 2013, at 11:43 AM, "starvingartist49" <starvingartist49@...> wrote:

          > List has seemed pretty quiet lately. I thought we should congratulate Dave and Amber Shinsel on their success in winning the competition.

        • KM6VV
          Message 4 of 8 , May 2 12:32 PM
            I missed the final. 'Hope it comes up for another look soon.

            Alan KM6VV
            P.S. I didn't let my young 'bots watch it. To violent!

            wrote:

            > List has seemed pretty quiet lately. I thought we should congratulate Dave
            and Amber Shinsel on their success in winning the competition.

          • Rob Purdy
            Message 5 of 8 , May 2 12:44 PM
                 That would be a seriously spendy propsition.  I would like to know what method he used to make hydraulics into servos.

              Rob

              To: SeattleRobotics@yahoogroups.com
              From: dlc@...
              Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 13:03:07 -0600

              I just saw the final episode last night. I wonder if there will be a second season. And I wonder if anyone else will be up to designing competing machines to Setrakian's(sp?)

              DLC

              --
              Dennis Clark
              While traveling

              On May 2, 2013, at 11:43 AM, "starvingartist49" <starvingartist49@...> wrote:

              > List has seemed pretty quiet lately. I thought we should congratulate Dave and Amber Shinsel on their success in winning the competition.

            • Mark Kenworthy
              Message 6 of 8 , May 2 1:23 PM

                Probably just put encoders somewhere (e.g., on the joints), and ran them like a DC servomotor.  Or maybe he was playing around with pressures and flow sensors, and figuring that was close enough.

                Mark

                To: SeattleRobotics@yahoogroups.com
                From: dlc@...
                Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 13:03:07 -0600

                Message 7 of 8 , May 2 9:18 PM
                     That would be a spendy proposition. I hope they do some thing better.  Knowing what Mark is capable of I was actually a little disappointed but watched it any way.  The sparks for show was kinda lame.

                  Heads up for those that can't afford to fight 800# bots WAR is going to host Mech warfare this fall probably at our November event.   I plan on doing Demo's at the Kirkland Summer fest event in August.

                  Rob

                  To: SeattleRobotics@yahoogroups.com
                  From: dlc@...
                  Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 13:03:07 -0600