Re: [SeattleRobotics] Re: Robomagellan cone color(s) and cmvision

  • Will Smith
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 22, 2013
      The slider feature I'm using is specific to OpenCV and is part of the UI code along with window display, and is just a convenience. Under the hood  it is just a simple Qt framework slider. We've written Qt-based OCU UI's for ROS at work so it's possible to get the same effect. I'm not sure if there are "out of the box" slider controls in ROS but you may be able to find one in the many, many packages :)

      My current implementation is just standalone and the ROS version will probably be heavily mutated, as of now I'm just saving a text file (specifically YAML format) which would could be easily tweaked at the last minute.

      Max, I'd definitely take a look at ROS! It's a huge effort.

      Here are the videos from ROSCon last year, they cover a lot of the major features:

      -Will
      KF7LGG

    • KM6VV
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 22, 2013
        Sounds like a future project. There is a "blobfinder" in the cmvision
        package(s), so I can at lest "learn" the color of a cone.

        Thanks for the ROSCon 2012 link;

        Alan KM6VV

        On 2/22/2013 4:10 PM, Will Smith wrote:

        > The slider feature I'm using is specific to OpenCV and is part of the UI
        > code along with window display, and is just a convenience. Under the
        > hood it is just a simple Qt framework slider. We've written Qt-based
        > OCU UI's for ROS at work so it's possible to get the same effect. I'm
        > not sure if there are "out of the box" slider controls in ROS but you
        > may be able to find one in the many, many packages :)
        >
        > My current implementation is just standalone and the ROS version will
        > probably be heavily mutated, as of now I'm just saving a text file
        > (specifically YAML format) which would could be easily tweaked at the
        > last minute.
        >
        > Max, I'd definitely take a look at ROS! It's a huge effort.
        >
        > Here are the videos from ROSCon last year, they cover a lot of the major
        > features:
        >
        > http://roscon.ros.org/2012/?page_id=33
        >
        > -Will
        > KF7LGG

      • robotMaker
        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 23, 2013
          Orange is a unique color?
              Agreed, meant to be easily seen.

          Not used much in nature perhaps?
              Not in nature but used by people's clothing.

          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 25, 2013
            I see these next to the freeways every spring.

            Message 5 of 15 , Feb 25, 2013
              I wonder if my 'bot likes 'em?

              Alan KM6VV