slip ring recommendations

  • James Hughes
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 19, 2013
      Can anyone recommend a good make of slip rings? 2 contacts (power/ground), ~3amps, preferably brushless?

      The application is a very slow moving kinetic sculpture - like 1 rotation per day. It's a public art project, so it's unlikely to get serviced very frequently.
    • arioch2k1
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 19, 2013
        The best sliprings are made by Mercotac, they are expensive but they will outlast any other slipring. You can get them cheaper on eBay sometimes depending on the model (number of contacts and current rating). The two contact ones are cheaper, I have used the 6 and 8 contact 30 amp models.