Lookout RE: [SeattleRobotics] Hello!!

  • Jim Anunson
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2013
      My computer says the below link is malware which came from an earlier Seattle Robotics email.
      I did link to the site and just glanced at it. Looks like it is another make money at home site. It must have junk on it also.

      (Hopefully I changed the address of the link below and it will not work.)

      History is often as much about the historian as it is about history. - Jim A

      To: clivecgriffiths@...; ultrastafire@...; NS5builders@yahoogroups.com; blood_riot_ryu@...; theroboticsclub@yahoogroups.com; SeattleRobotics@yahoogroups.com; piclist-owner@yahoogroups.com; SeattleRobotics-owner@yahoogroups.com
      From: parsosmail@...
      Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 16:54:28 -0800
      Subject: [SeattleRobotics] Hello!!

    • Randy Carter
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2013
        The key to know the message is bogus and a future problem is to look at the recipients list. This message had several recipients. It looks like the message was sent to this person's entire address book. Another clue as to a message’s validity is "undisclosed recipients". I receive any message that says that I delete it immediately.

        I knew the message bad and probably generated by a virus or Trojan horse by the non nondescript subject. Being from the SRS list server it could be a valid message so I opened to check, newbie’s tend to send it. Then I looked at the recipients list that was so long it wouldn't fit in the space. The next thing I hit was the delete button.

        "What the detractors and critics of electric vehicles
        have been saying for years, is true. The electric
        vehicle is not for everybody, given the limited range
        it can only meet the needs of 90% of the population."

        Ed Begley Jr.

        Please note: message attached

        From: Jim Anunson <janunson@...>
        To: "SeattleRobotics@yahoogroups.com" <seattlerobotics@yahoogroups.com>, "clivecgriffiths@..." <clivecgriffiths@...>, "ultrastafire@..." <ultrastafire@...>, "NS5builders@yahoogroups.com" <ns5builders@yahoogroups.com>, "blood_riot_ryu@..." <blood_riot_ryu@...>, "theroboticsclub@yahoogroups.com" <theroboticsclub@yahoogroups.com>, "piclist-owner@yahoogroups.com" <piclist-owner@yahoogroups.com>, "SeattleRobotics-owner@yahoogroups.com" <seattlerobotics-owner@yahoogroups.com>