Re: [SeattleRobotics] OMG - 1,000 pound fighting robots on TV?

  • Peter Balch
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 30, 2013
      > state-of-the-art humanoid robots

      If they could walk I'd be very impressed.

      But they can't of course.

      It's just a big version of Rockem Sockem Robots.

      http://www.zazdas.com/department/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcountry=218&idproduct=2416128&idcategory=0

      Sigh.

      Peter
    • dshinsel@frontier.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 31, 2013
        The robots move surprisingly fast.
        How do I know? My daughter and I are one of the teams :-)

        -- Dave Shinsel
        Facebook.com/ShinselRobots
      • David Buckley
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 31, 2013
          Seeing as how they were built by Mark Setrakian I would be very surprised if they didn't work really well. For those of you who have never seen his work up close, it is superb, photos and video don't do it justice at all.
          DAvid

          How do I know? My daughter and I are one of the teams :-)

          -- Dave Shinsel
          Facebook.com/ShinselRobots

        • Pete Miles
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 31, 2013
            sweet, I am so jealous of you

            Pete

            > How do I know? My daughter and I are one of the teams :-)
            >
            > -- Dave Shinsel
            > Facebook.com/ShinselRobots

            15:12:00