Re: [SeattleRobotics] Problems in Timing Belt drive system in 6WD robot

  • KM6VV
    Message 1 of 41 , Jan 25, 2013
      Nothing to flex that I can see.  Box construction.

      I made it ratchet (jump) by slowly increasing a static load, I pinned the motor down, and turned the wheel.  I can watch it again and see if anything shifts or flexes, but I doubt it.

      Alan  KM6VV

      On 1/25/2013 11:02 PM, Xandon Frogget wrote:
      Yes, spring loaded. It doesn't seem like it would happen if the tension was fixed. David is right something has to be flexing.

      -Xandon

    • KM6VV
      Message 41 of 41 , Jan 26, 2013
        David,

        Thanks. I'm still not finding the exact motor,

        http://electromate.com/db_support/downloads/PittmanExpress2011Catalog.pdf

        but I get the idea. 45 oz-in 142 RPM ??

        my 10 kgf-cm = 138.873866 oz-in. So maybe I've just got too much
        torque? I like my ground speed so far, should be 6-7 MPH with the
        1:1.533 gears I have. 1:1 gears would give me about 4.5 MPH.

        Alan KM6VV

        On 1/26/2013 4:13 PM, dpa_io wrote:

        > Alan, yes motors are 24 volt Pittman GM9413J820 (or something like that) with 20:1 gear reduction and 500 CPR encoder.

        Drive pulley is 15 tooth and main pulley 30 tooth.