Re: [SeattleRobotics] Problems in Timing Belt drive system in 6WD robot

  • Xandon Frogget
    Message 1 of 41 , Jan 25, 2013
      Alan,
      I ran into this problem with tensioning arms, even when I had two tension arms (one for each direction). The motor would change direction too fast and the slack that the tensioning arm was taking up created a higher chance for one of the teeth to bind and cascade through as the direction of travel was maintained. Sometimes it would come off, sometimes it would drop back on. When it dropped back on it would click and pop. I think you need to have enough tension so that you don't need a tensioning arm.

      -Xandon

      On Jan 25, 2013, at 8:31 PM, KM6VV wrote:

      I did that, I pinned the motor, and turned the wheel closest to the motor.  I could see the belt on the little pulley end jump.  I'm going to work on that.

    • KM6VV
      Message 41 of 41 , Jan 26, 2013
        David,

        Thanks. I'm still not finding the exact motor,

        http://electromate.com/db_support/downloads/PittmanExpress2011Catalog.pdf

        but I get the idea. 45 oz-in 142 RPM ??

        my 10 kgf-cm = 138.873866 oz-in. So maybe I've just got too much
        torque? I like my ground speed so far, should be 6-7 MPH with the
        1:1.533 gears I have. 1:1 gears would give me about 4.5 MPH.

        Alan KM6VV

        On 1/26/2013 4:13 PM, dpa_io wrote:

        > Alan, yes motors are 24 volt Pittman GM9413J820 (or something like that) with 20:1 gear reduction and 500 CPR encoder.

        Drive pulley is 15 tooth and main pulley 30 tooth.