RE: [SeattleRobotics] Raspberry Pi information

  • Lloyd Moore
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 20, 2013

      Ok here is a link to the schematic for the Pi (make sure it matches the version that you are using):

      http://www.raspberrypi.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Raspberry-Pi-Schematics-R1.0.pdf

      http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/1090

      Here are a couple of pinout diagrams for the GPIO header in particular:

      http://www.hobbytronics.co.uk/raspberry-pi-gpio-pinout

      http://jeffskinnerbox.wordpress.com/2012/12/05/raspberry-pi-serial-communication/raspberry-pi-rev-1-gpio-pin-out-2/

      Note that the model B added a couple pins here so make sure again that the docs you are using match the board that you have.

      Full technical manuals are going to come from Broadcom and are related to the chip itself. Those can be found here:

      http://www.raspberrypi.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/BCM2835-ARM-Peripherals.pdf

      http://www.broadcom.com/products/BCM2835

      http://www.32bitmicro.com/component/content/article?id=1391%3Abroadcom-releases-bcm2835-data-sheet

      Let me know if that helps!

      Thanks,

      Lloyd

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 20, 2013
        See http://elinux.org/RaspberryPiBoard for some more information on the Pi.

        I got my R2 Model B Pi's just over a week ago - and they are very
        interesting indeed... I plan on adding a Pi to one of my RoboProp
        based robots for more on-board processing power and memory.

        Bill

        http://Mikronauts.com