Raspberry Pi information

  • Randy Carter
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 20, 2013
      Great presentation on the Raspberry Pi yesterday. I'm still having trouble locating the technical document that has the pin outs of the connectors. The only technical document I found on the http://www.raspberrypi.org website was a quick start guide. Can anybody provide a link to where I can find the full technical manual?

      "What the detractors and critics of electric vehicles
      have been saying for years, is true. The electric
      vehicle is not for everybody, given the limited range
      it can only meet the needs of 90% of the population."

      Ed Begley Jr.
    • Lloyd Moore
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 20, 2013

        Ok here is a link to the schematic for the Pi (make sure it matches the version that you are using):

        http://www.raspberrypi.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Raspberry-Pi-Schematics-R1.0.pdf

        http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/1090

        Here are a couple of pinout diagrams for the GPIO header in particular:

        http://www.hobbytronics.co.uk/raspberry-pi-gpio-pinout

        http://jeffskinnerbox.wordpress.com/2012/12/05/raspberry-pi-serial-communication/raspberry-pi-rev-1-gpio-pin-out-2/

        Note that the model B added a couple pins here so make sure again that the docs you are using match the board that you have.

        Full technical manuals are going to come from Broadcom and are related to the chip itself. Those can be found here:

        http://www.raspberrypi.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/BCM2835-ARM-Peripherals.pdf

        http://www.broadcom.com/products/BCM2835

        http://www.32bitmicro.com/component/content/article?id=1391%3Abroadcom-releases-bcm2835-data-sheet

        Let me know if that helps!

        Thanks,

        Lloyd

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 20, 2013
          See http://elinux.org/RaspberryPiBoard for some more information on the Pi.

          I got my R2 Model B Pi's just over a week ago - and they are very
          interesting indeed... I plan on adding a Pi to one of my RoboProp
          based robots for more on-board processing power and memory.

          Bill

          http://Mikronauts.com