Re: dynamic balance and autonomy

  • Carol
    Message 1 of 21 , Dec 1, 2012
      I don't know how high or low tech you want to go but I have a Lego segway type robot that uses sonar to negotiate around a room, balances by using feedback from a light sensor and a gyro and can go up or down a ramp. If you are at all interested I would gladly share the design and programming with you.
      Carol Hazlett
      carolhazlett@...
      facebook.com/Robothon

      --- In SeattleRobotics@yahoogroups.com, "dpa_io" <davida@...> wrote:

      > Hi. I'm looking for someone to exchange ideas with about two-wheel dynamically balanced robots that can maneuver autonomously and do obstacle avoidance. R/C platforms won't help. Anyone on this list fit that criteria? Or maybe know someone that does?
      >
      > thanks
      > dpa

    • dpa_io
      Message 2 of 21 , Dec 1, 2012
        Cool. I'll contact you off-list.
        dpa

        --- In SeattleRobotics@yahoogroups.com, "Carol" <carolhazlett@...> wrote:

        > I don't know how high or low tech you want to go but I have a Lego segway type robot that uses sonar to negotiate around a room, balances by using feedback from a light sensor and a gyro and can go up or down a ramp. If you are at all interested I would gladly share the design and programming with you.
        > Carol Hazlett
        > carolhazlett@...
        > facebook.com/Robothon
        >

        > --- In SeattleRobotics@yahoogroups.com, "dpa_io" <davida@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi. I'm looking for someone to exchange ideas with about two-wheel dynamically balanced robots that can maneuver autonomously and do obstacle avoidance. R/C platforms won't help. Anyone on this list fit that criteria? Or maybe know someone that does?
        > >
        > > thanks
        > > dpa

      • Budi Mulyo
        Message 3 of 21 , Dec 1, 2012
          Hi DPA (Dave?),
          RaaSIO (Robotics as a Service) would like to collaborate with you in building an autonomous bot like the one you describe: nBot
          What is your background?

          Best wishes,

          --
          Budi Mulyo
        • dpa_io
          Message 4 of 21 , Dec 1, 2012
            Budi,

            I sent you a note off-list.

            dpa

            --- In SeattleRobotics@yahoogroups.com, Budi Mulyo <budi@...> wrote:

            > Hi DPA (Dave?),
            > RaaSIO (Robotics as a Service) would like to collaborate with you in
            > building an autonomous bot like the one you describe:
            > nBot<http://www.geology.smu.edu/dpa-www/robo/nbot/20120614_nbot_05a.mpg>
            > What is your background?
            >
            > Best wishes,
            >
            > --
            > Budi Mulyo
            > 206.571.8430

          • dpa_io
            Message 5 of 21 , Dec 1, 2012
              Carol, the list server seems to be having trouble sending you a note offlist. If you can send me your email address I'll try again.

              davida at smu dot edu

              thanks,
              dpa

              --- In SeattleRobotics@yahoogroups.com, "Carol" <carolhazlett@...> wrote:

              > I don't know how high or low tech you want to go but I have a Lego segway type robot that uses sonar to negotiate around a room, balances by using feedback from a light sensor and a gyro and can go up or down a ramp. If you are at all interested I would gladly share the design and programming with you.
              > Carol Hazlett
              > carolhazlett@...
              > facebook.com/Robothon
              >

              > --- In SeattleRobotics@yahoogroups.com, "dpa_io" <davida@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Hi. I'm looking for someone to exchange ideas with about two-wheel dynamically balanced robots that can maneuver autonomously and do obstacle avoidance. R/C platforms won't help. Anyone on this list fit that criteria? Or maybe know someone that does?
              > >
              > > thanks
              > > dpa

            • Carol
              Message 6 of 21 , Dec 2, 2012