Wierd thinge with LEGO Mindstorms

  • Randy Carter
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 5, 2012
      I just ran across a video on You Tube that I had to share with those SRS'rs that use LEGO Mindstorms. It's one of the cleverest things I've ever seem done with LEGO.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_mA72r3ZiQ

      "What the detractors and critics of electric vehicles
      have been saying for years, is true. The electric
      vehicle is not for everybody, given the limited range
      it can only meet the needs of 90% of the population."

      Ed Begley Jr.
    • Peter Balch
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 6, 2012
        > It's one of the cleverest things I've ever seem done with LEGO.
        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_mA72r3ZiQ

        Yes, I'd seen that one a few weeks ago. It's a bit slow to change the
        numbers but I like the way the design uses only one motor per digit.

        I'm a fan of weird clocks (try googling "weird clock designs") but havn't
        got around to building any yet apart from my orrery clock
        http://www.peterbalch.btinternet.co.uk/ClockOrrery.htm

        I think my favourite weird clock is the manifold clock
        http://www.manifoldclock.com/

        And I can't work out whether this oune actually exists and, if so, how it
        works
        http://growabrain.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/06/23/heres_johnny_2.jpg

        Here are some more weirdos
        http://thespiralclock.com/page4.htm