Cytron I Veta Robai robotic arm for education?

  • sdk6772
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2012
      Greetings,

      Has anyone heard of or had any experience with this robot arm? I'm interesting in hearing opinions about using it in an educational environment.

      http://robai.com/content/brochures/CytonVeta_Robai.pdf

      Vendor website: http://robai.com

      Thank you!

      Steven Kaehler
      Seattle Robotics Society
      Secretary & Meeting Organizer
      secretary@...
    • jamericanfreddy
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 2, 2012
        looks like a dynamixel crustcrawer markup design using serial servo's
        even the usb -serial looks the same

        --- In SeattleRobotics@yahoogroups.com, "sdk6772" <sdk6772@...> wrote:

        > Greetings,
        >
        > Has anyone heard of or had any experience with this robot arm? I'm interesting in hearing opinions about using it in an educational environment.
        >
        > http://robai.com/content/brochures/CytonVeta_Robai.pdf
        >
        > Vendor website: http://robai.com
        >
        > Thank you!
        >
        > Steven Kaehler
        > Seattle Robotics Society
        > Secretary & Meeting Organizer
        > secretary@...

      • Donna Smith
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 3, 2012
          Hi,

          I wanted to note that the following people did pre-sale of shirts at the April or May meeting and have not yet picked up their shirts.
          I will have them available at the June meeting.

          Terry Laraway
          Harry Keller
          Vince Thyna
          Eric Geyser

          Regards,
          Donna

        • Jason Garland

            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 3, 2012
              Hi Donna,

              On Sun, Jun 3, 2012 at 1:41 PM, Donna Smith <dsmith164@...> wrote:
              > I wanted to note that the following people did pre-sale of shirts at the April or May meeting and have not yet picked up their shirts.
              > I will have them available at the June meeting.

              I wasn't able to make it this year.

              Were there any shirts left-over?

              I'd be interested in a couple of XXL shirts, although I'd need to have them mailed some place. I can provide a US address or a Canadian one (whichever is easier).

              --
              Dave Hylands
              Shuswap, BC, Canada

            • Thomas M
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 3, 2012
                Payload is kind of low at 300g (< 1 lb.)

                Thomas

                Like robots?

                Visit:

                www.Robots-And-Androids.com