Trying to find connector

  • Kevin Impson
    Message 1 of 5 , May 7, 2012
      Hello Everyone,

      I was wondering if anybody had any idea's where to look for a 2x3 .5 pitch IDC ribbon cable connector.

      I have tried all the standards, Digi-key, Jameco, Mouser, Futurelec and such... with no success.

      I have like 70 small stepper motors that a male header which is 2x3 .5 pitch that are soldered to a small pcb that is then soldered to pins on the side of the motor.

      I'm wanting to build a brigade of small robots for swarm experiments in the lab, rather than using the usual size robots I build that can run through walls and such if confused with experimental swarm code.

      Plus, they are easy to wrangle.

      Any help would be appreciated.

      Best Regards,

      Kevin I.
    • Kevin Impson
      Message 2 of 5 , May 7, 2012
        Hi Everyone,

        I meant .05" pitch not .5".... sorry.

        Kevin I.
      • Michael
        Message 3 of 5 , May 7, 2012
          Looks like most only go down to 2x5 pins.  Here is a 2x3, but not sure of US source:
          Interestingly, the data sheet only goes down to 10 pin, but the web page shows 6 pin.

          Here's some more with US source unknown to me:

          Maybe you can get a 10 pin and cut off 2 rows?

          Sorry to not be of more help.
          Michael

          On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 1:56 PM, Kevin Impson <internetgiest@...> wrote:

          Hi Everyone,

          I meant .05" pitch not .5".... sorry.

          Kevin I.

        • Kevin Ross
          Message 4 of 5 , May 7, 2012
            The only manufacturer I could ever find for a 2x3 configuration was Berg, who have since been bought out by FCI

            The parts I have are .100 spacing. It is the strange size that Motorola defined for the BDM connector on the HC12 parts.

            I have never seen .05 spacing, but there are many things I haven't seent.

            Last time I ordered these (8 years ago, btw) I believe I got them from Newark.

            To: SeattleRobotics@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 5 , May 8, 2012
              We use a similar connector for our ICP of the NXP micro-controller. The header both surface mount and through hole and the matching cable are available from Samtec via Digi-key. I don't have the part numbers handy but there is a mention of this in the LPCXpresso manual.

              "What the detractors and critics of electric vehicles
              have been saying for years, is true. The electric
              vehicle is not for everybody, given the limited range
              it can only meet the needs of 90% of the population."

              Ed Begley Jr.