Re: [SeattleRobotics] quad rotor design

  • Kevin Impson
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 16, 2012
    • 1 Attachment
    • 11 KB
    Hi Tim,

    Pain killers are messing with my mind, I forgot the attachment, here it is...

    Sorry,

    Kevin I.

    Message 2 of 16 , Mar 16, 2012
      On Mar 15, 2012, at 12:08 PM, Tim Worden wrote:
      > Have you bought from hobbyking and if so how long does it take to
      > get parts from them?

      I think my last order took just under two weeks. They seem to be a
      good supplier, aside from the delay/expense of shipping from Hong Kong.
    • Tim Worden
      Message 3 of 16 , Mar 17, 2012
        Kevin,

        I was talking about the main controller and not the ESC.  I am thinking about doing it in a two step process, where I use a multicopter controller board like the Eagle N6 with an Aurdino.  The multicopter controller would be use to stabilize the quad and the Aurdino would be the autopilot.  I have a small Aurdino that I can connect to an XBee to comunicate with my laptop.

        Kevin Impson wrote:

        Hi Tim,
        The brushless (BLDC) Electronics Speed Controller (ESC) is the H-KING 50A ESC, the battery, motor and PWM line connect tp the according ports. The two batteries are for long duration flight that I was needing from the craft, so both were being used at the same time. The question about which controller I'm using, are you talking about the ESC or the control board that runs everything?
        Tell me which
        Since I built my control board from scratch and programmed it myself.That was part of the learning experience and to be able to scale the whole platform up to whatever size I needed when I needed it.
        To put it simply the "control boards" out there that use the ATMega, Aurdino or whatever are having to do everything One (1) thing at a time, you have no parallel processing. The only mirco-processor that does it right is the Parallax Propeller.Flight is a multi dynamic system of every changing variables that must be read , analyzed, processed and then an output given to just stay in the air.
        Anymore questions just ask.

        Best Regards,
        Kevin I.

        Message 4 of 16 , Mar 18, 2012
          Has anyone ever built a quad strong enough to lift a person?

          Those would be FUN to fly as a one-person vehicle.

          Thomas

          Like robots?

          Visit:

          www.Robots-And-Androids.com