Re: A Linux download question

  • jamericanfreddy
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 31, 2011
      more info on ROSDEP command
      ROS packages sometimes require external libraries and tools that must be provided by the operating system. These required libraries and tools are commonly referred to as system dependencies. In some cases these system dependencies are not installed by default. ROS provides a simple tool, rosdep, that is used to download and install system dependencies.
      ROS packages must declare that they need these system dependencies in the package manifest. Let's look at the manifest for the turtlesim package: