Re: [SeattleRobotics] Why I switched to PIC's!

  • Gary Livick
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2001
      This does sound like frustration day. Nobody would ever believe that we do
      this for fun.

      Gary

      BusterBot@... wrote:

      > Well now along with not getting the address bus to work, powersupply
      > problems, and some other stuff....I now can even program my 68hc11, Comms
      > error in pcbug... it doesnt like me much....
      >
      > Now I remember why I switched to PIC micro's
      >
      > Rob

    • David VanHorn
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2001
        http://www.dvanhorn.org/Micros/All/Index.php

        A couple of issues common to all micros, that are often done wrong.
        Life's too short to fuss with this stuff. :)
        --
        Where's dave? http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?kc6ete-9
      • H.C. Harper
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 2, 2001
          Were it easy, would there be any sense of accomplishment? Any challenge to
          enjoy?

          Gary Livick wrote:

          > This does sound like frustration day. Nobody would ever believe that we do
          > this for fun.
          >
          > Gary
          >
          > BusterBot@... wrote:
          >
          > > Well now along with not getting the address bus to work, powersupply
          > > problems, and some other stuff....I now can even program my 68hc11, Comms
          > > error in pcbug... it doesnt like me much....
          > >
          > > Now I remember why I switched to PIC micro's
          > >
          > > Rob

        • Porteous, Bruce
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 2, 2001
            .....well I still like the Intel 8031 (which controls my robot nicely, has
            on board serial, timers etc)!! (and if anyone wants a machine code monitor
            for the 8031 let me know).

            Bruce