RE: [SeattleRobotics] Re: Steve Grand is still in the world

  • Randy M. Dumse
    Message 1 of 30 , Apr 6, 2011
      dan michaels said: Wednesday, April 06, 2011 11:27 AM
      > Shirley you guys know how to go off-track.

      There's a difference between knowing and doing. Or did you want
      to argue epistomoloty next? Why in the world would you bring
      that up now? Surely you jest.

      > then they find the black holes.

      I take it you weren't a fan of Connections or James Burke?

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Connections_(TV_series)

      > Actually, Steve Grand [the lost inspiration of this thread]

      531 Backers
      $53,500 pledged of $27,000 goal
      69 hours to go

      Like manna from heavan. Paint me amazed.

      Randy
    • dan michaels
      Message 2 of 30 , Apr 6, 2011
        --- In SeattleRobotics@yahoogroups.com, "Randy M. Dumse" <rmd@...> wrote:

        > dan michaels said: Wednesday, April 06, 2011 11:27 AM
        > > Shirley you guys know how to go off-track.
        >
        > There's a difference between knowing and doing. Or did you want
        > to argue epistomoloty next? Why in the world would you bring
        > that up now? Surely you jest.

        My bad, do but not know.

        > > then they find the black holes.
        >
        > I take it you weren't a fan of Connections or James Burke?
        >
        > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Connections_(TV_series)
        >
        > > Actually, Steve Grand [the lost inspiration of this thread]
        >
        > 531 Backers
        > $53,500 pledged of $27,000 goal
        > 69 hours to go
        >
        > Like manna from heavan. Paint me amazed.
        >
        > Randy

        Shirley, you're amazed.

        I actually find SG's arguments in the Creations book in regards
        creating "real" life to be extremely weak [read: more philosophy
        than reality], based upon some of Kauffman's statements and
        how so-called 2nd-order systems are something "qualitatively"
        different than 1st-order systems, but he should still come up
        with some very interesting a-life simulations [read: a lot more
        interesting than most prior stuff].