Re: [SeattleRobotics] I2C Eeprom cascading

  • Dan Tebbs
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 23, 2011
    Use the source Luke!
    :)

    Sec 5 of the data sheet has addressing information.
    The app notes may be helpful if "it's doing surprising things".

    -Dan

    On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 3:17 AM, Kevin Impson <internetgiest@...> wrote:

    Hello,

    I have been trying to pull my I2C EEPROM experience from my brain without success.

    I am using the 24LC256 from MicroChip, it can have eight(8) 24LC256's cascaded with there address lines configured for such operations.

    I had done this in the past with no problem, but a severe crack to the head does weird things. This I think hits the number 5 spot on the top ten list.

    Would anybody have a url or pdf with figuring out the address, I have 1010 + A2 A1 A0 + W/R bit - I think that's right?

    To say the least this is very upsetting to find this info just gone, any help would be appreciated.

    For a proper context I'm build a large than normal program storage for the Propeller micro-controller.

    But, I also need to make storage banks for storing actual vision info processed through the Propeller...

    One image buffered out two the eight(8) cores, each doing a separate vision algorithm works nice, but need lots of storage.

    Help...

    Thanks

    Kevin I.

    --