Re: Expensive Roomba on Amazon.com

  • lukeyes
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 7, 2011
      wow, that's insane! I love how it's got 3.7 stars! Must be worth the money.

      --- In SeattleRobotics@yahoogroups.com, Mike Payson <mike@...> wrote:

      > Damn. If only it qualified for free shipping with Amazon Prime. I would be
      > all over that deal!
      >
      > On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 2:21 PM, <twcarroll@...> wrote:
      >

      > > I saw this particular Roomba on Amazon.com and the price is shown in
      > > several areas. I wish OrderDynamics luck in selling them.
      > > * Tom C.*
      > >
      > > [image: Product Details]
      > > iRobot 560 Roomba Vacuuming Robot, Black and Silver<http://www.amazon.com/iRobot-560-Roomba-Vacuuming-Silver/dp/B000UUBCNO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&m=A3TFXASQ0W7AGP&s=generic&qid=1299449271&sr=1-2>
      > > *$45,656.12*
      > > *[image: 3.7 out of 5 stars]* <http://www.amazon.com/iRobot-560-Roomba-Vacuuming-Silver/product-reviews/B000UUBCNO/ref=sr_1_2_cm_cr_acr_img?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&qid=1299449271&sr=1-2>
      > > <http://www.amazon.com/iRobot-560-Roomba-Vacuuming-Silver/product-reviews/B000UUBCNO/ref=sr_1_2_cm_cr_acr_img?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&qid=1299449271&sr=1-2>
      > > (578<http://www.amazon.com/iRobot-560-Roomba-Vacuuming-Silver/product-reviews/B000UUBCNO/ref=sr_1_2_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&qid=1299449271&sr=1-2>
      > > )

    • T
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 8, 2011
        And often the battery can be fixed. Usually just one cell has gone bad.

        Thomas

        Like robots?

        Visit my new site:

        http://www.robots-and-androids.com
      • Joe Shell
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 10, 2011
          any hints to find the dead cell easily?

          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 10, 2011
            any cell under 1 volt should be a bad cell,you can sometime zap a bad cell,also here is info on reseting the roomba to sometime repair a bad cell,i used it and it works sometimes and if still the same then find out what cell is bad
            http://robotshop.helpserve.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=1&nav=0,11,10

            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 10, 2011
              more tips on using roomba as a robot base
              using IROBOT USB cable or serial SCI cable
              there is a few changes pin 7(DD) of the 7 pin din cable is for turning on roomba when it gets it first command from GUI or any other program
              on USB SCI cable its little hard surface mount pin 3 on uart to pin 7 on 7pin din cable

              on serial you need RTS fot RS232 connector and connect to one of input pin on rs232 chip thats left over and output pin to pin 7 on 7 pin din connector

              if you roostick you need 7 pin to 7 pin din cable ,DO NOT use 8 pin MAC serial cable unless you modified it

              on bluetootch you can buy it for $100 or make your own with RN-41 AND USB board for alot less info on sparkfun site

              also you can make the one in HACKING ROOMBA book ,serial model also talks about the DD pin

              i am making USB SCI cable for $15 and ready to use
              serial i can make for $13

              if you have problems on ROOMBA let me know and can try to help

              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 11, 2011
                HERE IS INFO ON ROOMBA PINOUT

                ROOMBA CABLE PINOUT

                8 PIN DIN plug 7 PIN DIN roomba

                1 1 16v unreg
                2 2 16v unreg
                3 3 RXD
                4 - NC
                5 4 TXD
                6 5 DD
                7 6 GND
                8 7 GND
                made a mistake, DD is pin 5 ON 7 pin DIN
                on RS232 connector on pin 7 is RTS
                on FT232RL usb uart pin 3 is RTS