Double Cross

  • Kevin Ross
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 10, 2010
      Double Cross is coming up on October 23rd, 2010 at the Seattle Center Food Court. There is still plenty of time to get yourself a robot built. We have some news:

      1) We have upped the weight limits for the game by 10 lbs. After reviewing feedback from several teams, it was decided to increase the limit so that the FRC control system and motors could be used. The maximum weight is now 45 lbs

      2) I am willing to open my shop for the next several weeks on Monday, Tuesdays. I will setup the DoubleCross field and have my shop tools available if you would like to come spend a few evenings working in my shop. Please let me know if you are interested! I live a little east of Duvall. You will need to provide your own transportation. I would be willing to open up from 4pm until 10pm. Email me with an RSVP and I will send you directions. I can only handle about 12 people at a time, so make your intentions known early.

      3) Want to build a robot but don't have materials? I am willing to sponsor up to 4 teams. I have 2 VEX based controllers, batteries, and some other parts. If you don't have a team, and would like to participate, let me know and we can put something together. I am sure we can manage to borrow some parts from another VEX team for a few weeks.

      4) Remember, this isn't just for students! This event is open to anyone.

      Thanks
      Kevin