F# - useful for robotics?

  • oric_dan
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2010
      Via eavesdropping over on the AGI forum [which unfortunately
      is a rather poor use of one's time in general], there was a
      post by a guy who works at M$ Research. He indicated the
      M$R work is much more interesting and "open" than in the
      usual M$ money-making divisions.

      http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/

      In any case, I noticed the work they are doing on F#, which
      runs on the .NET framework, and thought to pass the link
      along.

      http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/fsharp/default.aspx
      http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/fsharp/cc835246.aspx

      F# is their latest programming language, and is considered
      to be a "functional programming" language. There are comments
      about how F# makes it easy to code complex tasks succinctly,
      and mentions it being a good candidate for machine learning
      apps.

      So, I wonder if anyone has looked at F#, and has any
      comments in regards its usability for robotics. ???