Sad news from your ex-president of the SRA board

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 1 8:50 PM
      First let me say that my presidency of the Seattle R-word Association has been very fun. The SRA, which includes, The Seattle OLEF Society, The R-word-thon committee, Western Allied R-Word, FIRST WA and VEX WA, has grown to an amazing organization. I really do feel that all the members have made these organization truly amazing.

      In the last year and a half we have pulled off some very large events on very little money and each and everyone of you deserve my thanks. Unfortunately, it is due to these very events that other Puget Sound Societies have take notice of us. One in particular has decided to have it's lawyers read through out Bylaws and the have found a small loop hole, that, in a letter I received today, has removed me as president of the board. Dissolved the board, and replaced it with their own associations board.

      As of noon today the SRA and affiliated members are now under the control of the Bellevue Botanical Association. In the letter they praise us for being an outstanding organization and wish not to make many changes. However the changes that they are going to make are:

      1.The use of the R-word is banned. The R-word is replaced with either the R-word, or Our Little Electronic Friends (OLEF).

      2.All power sources must be of renewable food acids, copper and zinc rods. To this end each of WAR's 30 pound R-words will have to be powered by 600 pounds of lemons per match.

      3.The use of plastic is banned and wood shall be used in it's place. They are switching FIRST Lego League to FIRST Lincoln Log League (FLLL)

      4.Most of R-word-thon's contests will need to be re-worked.
      a.Magellan has been replaced with a 5cm by 5cm course in which snails will have to find rocks.
      b.The sumo ring is now 4 inches round for the slug wrestling. This will allow us to have 25 matches running at the same time, which will we need since each match now lasts an hour.
      c.Humming Bird Feeder Frenzy, in which contestants will build the most attractive humming bird feeders. During the contest we will release 20,000 humming birds into the Center House and the feeder with the lease amount of water in it at the end of the day is the winner.

      5.The SRS presentations will take on a bit of a change. From now on speakers can only be chosen from Biology and Horticultural departments of colleges.

      Again let me say it was my pleasure being your president and I hope our new set of leaders take us into a bright new future (of mostly outdoor activities).

      -Jim Wright
    • Erik Knise
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 1 9:04 PM
        Thanks Jim, great info!

        Hope to see you at the next meeting,

        --
        Erik L. Knise
        Pacific Shipping Company
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 1 9:07 PM
          So, based on this new mission, I think the oft-maligned 15 minute battery discussion is suddenly appropriate. Can I suggest that the first speaker for our newly rebranded organization be an expert on biorenewable power sources?

          On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 9:04 PM, Erik Knise <elknise@...> wrote:

          Thanks Jim, great info!

          Hope to see you at the next meeting,

          --
          Erik L. Knise
          Pacific Shipping Company
          Seattle, WA

        • Steve Kozachik
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 1 9:14 PM
            Oh, nicely done!  You had me going for way, way too long!!

            Steve K.

            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 1 9:14 PM
              20,000 hummingbirds should be able to power a few R-words for more than 15 minutes!
              Kevin.

              >So, based on this new mission, I think the oft-maligned 15 minute battery
              >discussion is suddenly appropriate. Can I suggest that the first speaker for
              >our newly rebranded organization be an expert on biorenewable power sources?
              >
              >On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 9:04 PM, Erik Knise <elknise@...> wrote:
              >

              >> Thanks Jim, great info!
              >>
              >> Hope to see you at the next meeting,
              >>
              >> --
              >> Erik L. Knise
              >> Pacific Shipping Company
              >> Seattle, WA

            • Rob Purdy
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 1 9:20 PM
                "2.All power sources must be of renewable food acids, copper and zinc rods. To this end each of WAR's 30 pound R-words will have to be powered by 600 pounds of lemons per match."

                  I think I could pull that off.....  Does this mean I have to get a food handlers permit and are we exempt from transporting home grown fruit?

                TheWAr.... errrummm BOTanical lord..
              • Larry Geib
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 1 11:07 PM
                  One question. Please clarify the new definition of legs for the
                  legged R-word contest.

                  I'm trying to teach my pet snail "slimey" to conform to the rules.
                  Unfortunately, he has only one foot and no legs, so I'm not sure what
                  to tell him.
                  He gets confused about the definition of rotary motion.

                  Larry

                • John Palmisano
                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 3 6:42 PM
                    2010/4/2 Kevin Rock <kevinrock@...>
                    > 20,000 hummingbirds should be able to power a few R-words for more than 15 minutes!
                    > Kevin.

                    Unless the wings had 6 DOF ;)