Monday Night Chat Reminder

  • Fenchurch
    Message 1 of 158 , Mar 15, 2010
      Monday Night Chat Reminder

      Need ideas on how to take your projects forward? Or just want to discuss what
      others are doing with them? Come join us tonight for our weekly Monday Night
      chat session and find out the latest.

      Directions Below

      Richard

      I hear the Freenode has had issues with Mibbit and would
      rather us use their webchat gateway for those that don't
      want to install their own IRC software.

      So to use webchat use the link

      http://tinyurl.com/SRS-Chat

      Which points too:

      http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=SeattleRobotics

      And of course, all the standalone IRC clients work,
      and you should be able to get them working with the
      answers below or on the Seattle Robotics website.
      seattlerobotics.org under Contact us.

      Richard
      /* ----------------------------------------- */

      The Seattle Robotics Society hosts a "Monday Night Chat" each week.

      Starting at 7pm Seattle Time each Monday, the SRS holds an
      informal chat session. This is a great opportunity to come ask live
      questions of the SRS members, seek help for technical problems, or
      just chat about stuff.

      Directions:

      For you experts, the chat is held on irc.freenode.net in the
      #seattlerobotics group.

      New web chat interface!
      No Software to install.

      http://tinyurl.com/SRS-Chat

      Tiny URL points to:

      http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=SeattleRobotics

      If you register with mibbit, it also allows you to post files to share
      and log chat sessions. But there is no need to do that to participate.

      Chatzilla is still the most recommended interface to Monday Night
      Chat. And once installed (Along with the Firefox web browser), the
      chat can be accessed from this link.

      irc://irc.freenode.net/#SeattleRobotics

      Directions for mIRC which may be applicable to other IRC chat clients
      can be found at the SRS Homepage at
      http://www.seattlerobotics.org
      in the contact us link at:
      http://seattlerobotics.org/contact.php

      For Mac Users:
      http://colloquy.info/
      (Umm I don't actually have experience setting this up, but you should
      be able to figure it out from the directions on the Contact page of the Seattle
      Robotics website.

      http://www.seattlerobotics.org

      Message Ends
    • Fenchurch
      Message 158 of 158 , May 3, 2010
        Need ideas on how to take your projects forward? Or just want to discuss what others are doing with them?
        Come join us tonight for our weekly Monday Night chat session
        and find out the latest.

        Updated directions for joining can be found on the SRS Website.
        http://www.seattlerobotics.org
        http://www.seattlerobotics.org/contact.php#Monday

        And why not become a fan of the Seattle Robotics Society on Facebook
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Seattle-Robotics-Society/331139672992

        Quick Links for some IRC Clients and for webchat