Re: Since President day falls on the Next Monday

  • homeshopguy
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 11, 2010
      You guys are correct! My feeble old mind mixed up George's birthday and Pres day. Well atleast I woke a few of you up!<grin>

      Cheers Gene

      --- In SeattleRobotics@yahoogroups.com, Robert Crichton <rcrichton@...> wrote:

      > The meeting should be on the 20th, not the 13th, so President's day
      > should have no effect.
      > -Bob Crichton
      >
      > On Thu, 2010-02-11 at 16:37 +0000, homeshopguy wrote:
      > >
      > > Does this mean the college will be closed again and no meeting?
      > >
      > > Gene
      > > Gig Harbor, WA

    • homeshopguy
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 11, 2010
        Those that are as old as me remember when we had two holidays in February. Abe Lincoln and George Washington, Seems they thought since it was a short month to combine in a middle of the month instead. I'm retired now and rarely look at the calendar and often have no clue what day of the week it is - isn't it great! <grin>

        Gene