Vision Nav

  • Bruce J Weimer MD
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2009
      I have camera vision working for 1) face detection and recognition and for 2) landmark recognition which lets the robot pinpoint it's location in a room or on an XY grid map.

      I'm finding out that navigation and obstacle avoidance requires yet a different set of visual skills...

      STeven just emailed me this video.  I wasn't thinking of using an omnidirectional mirror but I can't argue with something that works!  I don't understand the algorithms used but I'll start looking into this....

      Comments or help from anyone who has an understanding of the math behind this would be greatly appreciated.....

      Dr. Bruce.