Re: [SeattleRobotics] PIC 16,18 series C IDE/Compiler ???

  • Barry Smith
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 3, 2009
      There is also Wiz-C PIC compiler by Forest Electronics.
      $75 and they have a free version for up to 2K of code.
      IDE, compiler, simulator.
      I first ran across reference to this one when I was looking at the open
      source FreeRTOS OS and they mentioned that the PIC version of that OS
      was built using either the Microchip's C compiler or the Wiz-C compiler.

      http://www.fored.co.uk/html/wiz_c_-__pic_c_compiler.HTM
      http://www.freertos.org/

      Barry

    • rcrichton@att.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 4, 2009
        MikroC from MikroElectronica. Free for up to 2K code on any PIC, there is also a MicroC for dsPIC, up to 6K code for any dsPIC processor. They also have BASIC and Pascal compiliers.
        www.mikroe.com

        -Bob Crichton

        -------------- Original message from Kevin Impson <internetgiest@...>: --------------

        Hi Everyone,

        I have been looking at C/C++ compilers and IDE's for the PIC 16 & 18 series MCU's.

        I have looked at CCS, Hi-Tech, and likes....

        Does anybody know or have a suggestion for a C IDE/Compiler that doe's not cost $400 + ....

        Kevin I.

        Thanks in Advance for your input... :-)

      • Fenchurch
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 5, 2009
          The MPLAB IDE now ships with a copy of Hitech for the PIC16 series of chips. (Optimizations disabled though so won't be the smallest code size.) You can download from Microchip their compiler for the PIC18 and dsPIC for educational uses. Limited to 30days and then they disable opimizations though that might have changed since the last time I downloaded them.

          Richard
          Nikola Engineering