Re: Monday Night Chat Reminder

  • Richard Greenway
    Message 1 of 158 , Aug 10, 2009
      I try to provide all the directions necessary to join in the email announcements.

      This is the link to the Mibbit webchat interface
      http://tinyurl.com/MondayNightChat

      If that doesn't work and you use Firefox, install Chatzilla
      and then click on:
      irc://irc.freenode.net/#SeattleRobotics

      If you are using a Mac or not using Firefox, then there are other software choices. (the first link for the webchat should work)

      mIRC is the windows "standard" it isn't free, but it works.
      colloquy for the Mac or iPhone or iPod touch works well for Apple branded products.

      for linux: xchat, irssi, bitchx and others work.

      there is an irc client for Java based phones including the Blackberry if that is your taste. or upIRC for Palm Pilots that have a network interface.

      Richard

      --- In SeattleRobotics@yahoogroups.com, Likesh Khetarpal <justifyme_100@...> wrote:

      > Can you please. tell me whr u do dis chat so dat i can join.

    • Fenchurch
      Message 158 of 158 , May 3 2:44 PM
        Need ideas on how to take your projects forward? Or just want to discuss what others are doing with them?
        Come join us tonight for our weekly Monday Night chat session
        and find out the latest.

        Updated directions for joining can be found on the SRS Website.
        http://www.seattlerobotics.org
        http://www.seattlerobotics.org/contact.php#Monday

        And why not become a fan of the Seattle Robotics Society on Facebook
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Seattle-Robotics-Society/331139672992

        Quick Links for some IRC Clients and for webchat

        irc://irc.freenode.net/#SeattleRobotics
        http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=SeattleRobotics

        Message Ends

        Richard