Re: Test Bench Power Supply - 24V @ 10A+ ????

  • docel_bangalorerobotics
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 4, 2009
      ...and ofcourse, its easier still to use 2 x 12v SLA batteries in series.....
    • Alan Marconett
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 4, 2009

        If you’re just driving DC motors, then why the regulation?  We build up a lot of DC motor supplies for stepper and servo motors for CNC.  Big transformer, big cap, big bridge, and you’re there!

        Motors want the start-up serge capacity, so a regulated supply can actually work against you.

        I’ve actually taken nice modular DC power supplies with the regulator sections blown, and pulled off power directly from the caps.  Cheap way to get up and running.

        Alan  KM6VV

        _._,___