'project' box

  • nightz13
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 24, 2009
      Hi,

      I'm looking for a 'black box' that's already done and ready for purchase. Something that has a keypad, display, switches, buttons, dials, led's ect....

      I don't want a development board for a specific micro, and I'd like it enclosed for field use.

      Preferred is something with a header for a board that carries the micro so I can use different micros depending on the project requirements.

      So far I have not found anything using google searches but I may be using the wrong search terms.

      Anyone know of something I can use?

      Thanks,
      -Rocko
    • nightz13
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2009
        Anyone know of anything close? maybe something easily hackable?

        Thanks,
        -Rocko

        --- In SeattleRobotics@yahoogroups.com, "nightz13" <nightz13@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I'm looking for a 'black box' that's already done and ready for purchase. Something that has a keypad, display, switches, buttons, dials, led's ect....
        >
        > I don't want a development board for a specific micro, and I'd like it enclosed for field use.
        >
        > Preferred is something with a header for a board that carries the micro so I can use different micros depending on the project requirements.
        >
        > So far I have not found anything using google searches but I may be using the wrong search terms.
        >
        > Anyone know of something I can use?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > -Rocko

      • Mike Payson
        Message 3 of 3 , May 1, 2009
          I seriously doubt you'll find anything like this. By the time you're
          ready for a case, every project is different enough to make the
          chances of selling enough of this sort of case pretty slim.

          All those components are readily available, so your best bet is to try
          to make your own. http://www.polycase.com/ is a good supplier for bare
          cases.